Posted: 12/25/2004 in None

Catching Up, Then A Lot More House-Cleaning

Alright … So here’s a recap of what’s been up as of late …

So I flew out of YVR at 7 AM, and into YYC around 9.30ish AM on Monday morning. Everyone I knew was either away or working, so I made arrangements to pick up my rental from Avis and just hit the road.

My first stop was the local CAA office to pick up a map of Cow-Town … a map that I wouldn’t look at until much later. The plan was for me to just drive, and drive … and drive … then drive … and drive some more – as I did with TO. I found it to a great way to learn a new city.

… and drive I did … until 5 PM rolled about when I gave MetroBoy a call …

MetroBoy : “Hey, Warz! Where are you?!”

Me : “I … don’t … know … I really couldn’t tell you! Give me a minute, I’ll grab my map and figure it out!”

Turns out I wasn’t far from his place, so I popped on by. Soon after, we headed out to pick up his little bro so we could grab a bite. MetroBoy‘s ride is so sweet! It’s a Subie – same generation as Izzy, but she’s a couple of years older. However, that’s where the similarities end. He’s got his own 22B-like setup running on what I’ll simply call ‘a wet dream on wheels’.

Later on that night, I picked up Dimples, and met up with MetroBoy‘s boss and his wife for a bit of bubble tea at Banana Jak’s. It was then that I got my first taste of the Albertan snow. For the most part, it’s not much different than that of what I’m used to out eat. It’s pretty dry, and nothing like the wet here at home.

The next day, I had the meet-n-greet. A couple hours later, I’m to move there. Needless to say, it’s a new chapter I’m looking forward to. Now all I have to do figure out where to live and school and such …

Cutie returned home for the holidays that night, so we met up at Bubble Mania since there wasn’t much else to do. The next day, I met up with Cutie again, this time with her folks as well for lunch and to check out the new house they’re building.

During the afternoon, I got the guided tour hitting pretty much all 4 corners of the city. We made a stop to drop off D&G‘s gifts for Sassy Hermit, Dimples and the family at the family home.

By night, Cutie and I hit up a Cheesecake Cafe with Dimples. Afterward, Dimples was to pick up Sassy Hermit, while Cutie and I hung around waiting for Cutie‘s little bro to come home from Oz. It’s been years since I’ve seen him last.

My last day was pretty relaxed. I helped pack a box I was to bring out east for Cutie and had lunch with her family. By the afternoon, I had some time to kill as Cutie had an appointment, so I met up with Dimples for a walkabout in the new Ikea. I checked-in early to avoid the big after-work rush. I was hoping to catch Dimples again with Sassy Hermit before I head, but time didn’t permit.

I grabbed a quick bite at Joey Tomato’s with MetroBoy. It’s been some years since I’ve been to a Joey’s (Joey, being the son of Earl or Earl’s), but I don’t remember the Joey’s at home being this nice … and I’m not talking about the food … ;-P … it’s no wonder MetroBoy suggested it!

In any case, it was looking like I would be late getting to my flight. Nope. In fact, I was early. I mean, *really* early. My flight was delayed some 3.5 hours due to the bad weather out east. It wasn’t that bad for me – for some TO-bound people, their plane didn’t get in until some 7 hours late!

Luckily for me, I had good company. Waiting with me was a nice lady, coincidentally, from Van-City. She had just moved there, and was flying home for the holidays. So basically, I made a new friend already, without having moved to the city yet!

… and now for a shameless plug … I think WestJet might just be my airline of choice now. Sure, the last couple of flights I’ve been on with them, my big butt has been resting on some nice lush pleather – yes, Lush PLeather. They even had some wicked satellite TV’s too.

But what really wins me over is customer service. I’ve found that this Calgary-based airline, their employees are the most cheerful, the most polite, and most accommodating. However, as it turns out, this infectious personality goes beyond that of just the airline, but at the Calgary airport as well. Perhaps it was the holiday season, but everyone at the airport was super nice.

Today, I got some house-cleaning done, and did a bit of last-minute shopping at Future Shop. I had the pleasure of running into Willie and Ghis there, but unfortunately, I was in such a rush that I left quite abruptly. It was rather rude … I feel so badly about it. *boo* on me …

Dinner tonight was over at one of my mom’s sister’s. As luck would have it, I was greeted at the door by the host’s daughter, “Hey! You were at a wedding here in September!”. Needless to say, I was a little taken aback. As it turns out, she’s currently dating one of Dalo‘s cousins. Small world, eh?

Late tonight was a blast. I met up with my boysWingman, Irv, Jovo and Li’l Ed – for some food, drink and plenty of laughs. It’s so good to be home …

… & write back @ ya’!

J.Lo : No, worries, babe! Any time!

Gracey : So I’m told!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s